Wednesday 19 March 2008

"Music is the silence between the notes"- C.D.


I started listening to the english songs in the first year of my college. Till that time I had never thought I would ever listen to them. I remember even betting with my friend about it, thanks to the Hard Days Night program on FM Rainbow, I lost it. I had always equated english songs with loudness, meaninglessness, and madness. But as they played beautiful tunes on FM,my opinion altered. And I still don't like the songs that shake my ear bones vigorously.

First english song that I liked was 'When I'm Sixty-Four' - by The Beatles. Since then I'm a die-hard fan of them. I love most of their songs.

I have developed a weird taste for english songs,or so say my comrades.
If you are bored by the same songs you hear,
try these out.

  • Starry Starry Night - Don McLean (a song about Vincent Van Gogh)
  • Mama look a bobo - A funny song
  • There is a hole in my bucket, Matilda - both by Harry Belafonte
  • Winter Wonderland - Striper
  • Just My Imagination - The Cranberries
  • I Can See Clearly Now the Rain is Gone - Otis Redding
  • Sugar, Sugar - The Archies - Jolly good
  • The Hardest Part - Coldplay
  • Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
  • Let It Snow! Let It Snow! -Frank Sinatra 
  • Tie Yellow Ribbon to the old oak tree (I heard it first in the movie 'Julie' wherein Amol Palekar's mother in law sings it)
  • I really don't like you -Plain white T's
  • No Milk Today - Herman Hermits
  • Thanks for the Lemonade -Chris Rice {I've listened to it only once on the Radio,but it was great.
  • LSD -The Beatles
PS. Rereading this post in 2014 makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?